As part of TCDD’s advocacy efforts to improve the service system for individuals with developmental disabilities, Council members and staff provide input to Texas legislators and other policymakers to educate them about disability issues and ways to improve services and supports for people with disabilities.
- Public Comments — to Texas Commission on Law Enforcement relating to school-based law enforcement training
(December 29, 2015)
- Public Comment — to Texas Health and Human Services Commission related to HCBS Setting Rule Surveys
(December 7, 2015)
- Public Comments — to DARS relating to proposed changes to rules in TAC, Title 40, Part 2, Chapter 105, governing Autism Program
(September 21, 2015)
- Joint Public Input (with DRTx) — to the Texas Juvenile Justice Department relating to secure juvenile detention and correctional facilities.
(July 3, 2015)
- Public Testimony — House Bill 3624 relating to supported decision-making agreements
(April 20, 2015)
- Public Testimony — Senate Bill 1881 relating to supported decision-making agreements
(April 8, 2015)
- Public Testimony — House Bill 39 relating to guardianship
(April 7, 2015)