The 82nd Texas Legislature completed work on major issues, but left other issues pending until the next legislative session in 2013. The legislators also postponed Sunset review of all health and human services agencies — including the Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities and the Governor’s Committee for People with Disabilities — until after the 2013 legislative session.
- TCDD Priority Bills Passed – 82nd Texas Legislature (PDF, 8 pages, 212 KB)
Summary of key bills which could affect people with disabilities.
- FY 2012-2013 Budget and Texans with Developmental Disabilities (PDF, 7 pages, 373 KB)
Summary and comparison of funding levels for selected programs used by people with developmental disabilities.
Summaries from Other Agencies
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services Publications — Legislative Summaries and Reports web page
- DSHS Legislative Information 82nd Legislative Session Archive — 82nd Legislative Session Summary web page
- A Session Recap on the Bottom Line: Children and the 82nd Texas Legislature
A Session Recap from Texans Care for Children on their Legislative Recaps web page.
- Major Medicaid-CHIP 2012-2013 State Budget Decisions article web page
Article by the Center for Public Policy Priorities (CPPP).