The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) is hiring a Leadership Training Coordinator to oversee TCDD’s leadership and advocacy training projects and programs. This position will be located at the TCDD office in Austin, Texas.
The Leadership Training Coordinator is responsible for the overall management, coordination, and oversight for multiple TCDD leadership and advocacy training projects and programs. The Leadership Training Coordinator will research best practices and current national trends pertaining to the development and implementation of training curriculum to educate and empower people with developmental disabilities and their families to advocate for themselves and educate policymakers. In this role, the Leadership Training Coordinator works both independently and with grantees to:
- coordinate logistics for securing venues for classes, recruit participants and speakers, and coordinate travel and lodging;
- obtain curriculum materials; and
- perform program evaluation and performance measurement reports.
In addition, the Leadership Training Coordinator assists in coordinating Disability Policy Academies and other events and conferences sponsored by TCDD.
The Leadership Training Coordinator is responsible for providing advanced, senior level consultative services and technical assistance to advocacy grant subrecipients and for building a statewide network of speakers, trainees, and partners that are connected with TCDD’s Public Policy Division. The Leadership Training Coordinator will report to the Communications Director. This position trains, leads, assigns, and/or prioritizes the work of others, and works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Job Functions and Qualifications
Essential job functions for this position include the following:
- Technical assistance: Provide technical assistance and guidance to TCDD’s leadership and advocacy grantees and community outreach coordinators regarding best practices in training methods, curriculum and project development, and participant recruitment.
- Training events: Plan and facilitate training events to include setting agendas, securing speakers, making presentations, and coordinating all logistics required to run and maintain various leadership and advocacy training programs.
- Educational events: Oversee and coordinate the Disability Policy Academies and other educational and community events sponsored by TCDD.
- Network development: Build a statewide network of speakers, and leadership and advocacy trainees with knowledge of disability policy.
- Advocacy partnerships: Develop and maintain partnerships with other disability advocacy organizations and the statewide self-advocacy organization.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited 4-year college or university with a degree in business or public administration, marketing, communications or project management.
- Experience: At least three (3) years’ experience in management, planning, organizing and facilitating events and developing, delivering, and evaluating programs. Prefer experience related to working with people with disabilities.
- Substitutions: Education and experience may substitute for one another on a year-for-year basis.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $4,023.16 – 5,301.33 monthly and is part of the Total Compensation Package for State of Texas Employees. Learn more about the compensation package on the State Auditor’s Office website.
How to Apply for a TCDD Position
TCDD receives human resources services from the Texas Education Agency (TEA). All applicants are required to enter their employment applications using TEA’s Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS). Learn how to apply for a position with TEA using CAPPS. Resumes are not accepted.
There is no deadline to apply – the position will be filled when a qualified applicant has been selected. To apply, visit the Leadership Training Coordinator job posting in CAPPS.
This position will be located at the TCDD office, 6201 East Oltorf, Suite 600, Austin, Texas 78741.