The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities (TCDD) is hiring a Web Administrator to coordinate agency websites, develop print and digital assets, and ensure agency assets are accessible. This position will be located at the TCDD office in Austin, Texas.
The Web Administrator performs complex website maintenance, design, development, support and/or technical assistance for TCDD. The Web Administrator is responsible for maintaining and coordinating agency websites, developing and designing print and digital assets, and ensuring the agency’s assets are accessible. The Web Administrator works within the Communications Division and collaborates with other divisions within the agency to publish information about TCDD resources, projects, funding opportunities, and more.
The Web Administrator is selected by and supervised by the Communications Director. The Web Administrator works with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Web Administrator maintains a good working relationship with Council and staff members, designated agency personnel, external colleagues, and the public while accomplishing assigned duties. The Web Administrator performs other duties as assigned that are required to maintain and advance TCDD’s operation.
Job Functions and Qualifications
Essential job functions for this position include:
- Design, develop, maintain, and update agency websites
- Coordinate efficiency, effectiveness, and availability of agency websites
- Ensure agency’s websites and online content are accessible
- Write, design, or edit content that includes the preparation of graphics, text, and tables
- Implement new or revised methods for external communications
Qualified applicants will have:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited two-year college with major course work in web design, web development, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems or a related field.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in progressive technical and website support. Experience should include website design and development using WordPress or another CMS framework, graphic design and photo editing, and website and content accessibility testing and remediation.
- Substitution: Education and experience may substitute for one another on a year for year basis.
The full job description is available on the
Employment Opportunities page on the Texas Education Agency’s (TEA) website.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $3,763.16 – $4,956.08 monthly and is part of the Total Compensation Package for State of Texas Employees. Learn more about the compensation package on the State Auditor’s Office website.
How to Apply for a TCDD Position
TCDD receives human resources services from TEA. All applicants are required to enter their employment applications using TEA’s Government Jobs online system. Resumes are not accepted.
To apply, visit the Employment Opportunities page on the TEA website.